Let’s talk about the incredible health benefits of cucumbers. Cucumbers have 73 different phenolic compounds. Cucumbers also have certain phytonutrients that are in cruciferous vegetables.
Cucumbers are more than just a refreshing addition to your salad. They are packed with nutrients and have numerous health benefits. From aiding in weight loss to promoting healthy skin, cucumbers are a true superfood. In this post, we will explore the healing power of cucumbers and how they can benefit your health.
5 basic benefits of cucumbers:
- Cucumbers may help stabilize blood sugars
- Cucumbers may help stabilize cholesterol
- Cucumbers have anti-inflammatory properties
- Cucumbers are loaded with powerful antioxidants
- Cucumbers provide fiber to make butyrate (butyrate can help with insulin resistance)
3 ways to extract phytonutrients from Cucumber
- Ferment them (this is different than pickling) 2. Steam them
- Eat them with fat (like hummus made with olive oil)